Monday, April 12, 2010

The Point of Life

This is going to be an actually-brief response to a comment I saw on an article with which I strongly disagreed claiming that Tiger has "learned nothing," specifically about humility. The comment basically disparaged his skill at "attacking a little white ball" as being unimportant in the grand scheme of things. Here's my response to that: I get your point, but at the same time, in my view all those things that are unimportant in the grand scheme of things in this sense but are used for entertainment are the point of life. Everything else, all the economizing and working and struggling and politicking, exists to make the things that enrich people's lives possible. For those of us who appreciate it, watching Tiger Woods attack a little white ball and make it do things no one else can do or could ever do is a tremendously enjoyable experience: that makes it worthwhile for him to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment