Sunday, December 5, 2010

Historical Psephology

I've been spending my spare time of late, what little of it there is, compiling charts of complete U.S. Presidential election state-by-state history. The result of all of this is that I'm noticing some interesting patterns, in particular in the way states move relative to the national average. I expect that at some point, probably over next weekend when I'll have a little more free time, I'll have a bunch of posts out with some conclusions from that data. I think it's all really interesting. Some of it might even allow one to predict the relative standings of states in 2012, quite apart from the overall national popular vote.

Oh, and if I make predictions about the relative positioning of the states in 2012 using this as my evidence and I'm right, I am going to crow so much about it two years from now. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment