Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Republican Debates: Yes, They Really Are That Bad

I just got done watching this Republican debate, which was a new experience for me. For the first three debates, I simply followed the snarky left-wing liveblogs of the debates, thereby sparing myself the painful experience of seeing Republicans saying things. But hey, I'm back at school with people to watch with, so I gave it a shot. And the big takeaway for me was, yes, they really are that bad. The vast majority of actual passages about policy that any of these people spoke were just gibberish, in terms of the real merits of the issue. And that's on top of the fact that these people's professed value systems are something verging on wicked. So let no one ever accuse me again of simply opposing the Republicans because I haven't given them a chance: I spent two whole hours just now enduring Messrs. Perry, Romney, Paul, Cain, Gingrich, Huntsman, and Santorum, as well as Ms. Bachmann, and they are at least as bad as I would've expected. I shudder to think if any one of these people becomes President...

No comments:

Post a Comment