Thursday, June 30, 2011

I did call it, didn't I?

Jonathan Chait has a piece today arguing that Obama's press conference yesterday was his imitation of Harry Truman's "give 'em hell" spiel. I would just like to say that I called it, writing back on November 3rd, 2010:
So make it clear, let's all come together to solve problems. Hope that Republicans agree to play on his terrain. And expect that they won't, and when they don't...

Give 'em hell, Barry!
My argument was that Obama should start out sounding like Clinton, wanting to work together with Republicans to find sensible, centrist policies to help the country, but anticipate that Republicans wouldn't work with him, and once they didn't, start sounding like Truman, castigating them for doing nothing and favoring the rich. And, uh, that's what happened.

+1 to me, +1 to Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment